The tuition covers all costs for the course. Our courses are conducted 3 to 4 times a year and are limited to 20 students in each session. Except for certain holiday weekends, each session runs 10 consecutive weeks. Students will receive eight classroom/clinical hours of instruction per week for a total of 80 hours of instruction. Most sessions are taught on Saturdays so you can keep your full-time job while you prepare for a new career in dental assisting. During the Fall, we offer a session on Fridays. Additionally, there are 60 hours of home study and 10-15 voluntary hours of practical on-the-job training for a total of approximately 155 course work hours. We also offer the opportunity to work with real practicing dentists and dental specialists.
Tuition Fees Include
- • Textbook: "Modern Dental Assisting”, Torres & Ehrlich, 12th Edition (Saunders)
- • Workbook: "Concepts in Dental Assisting", Richard Erickson, DDS, 2nd, Edition (DCI Publishing)
- • All training and teaching aids, materials and dental supplies used in the clinical training
- • Use of all equipment, instrumentation, specialized dental and laboratory materials
- • Job Referral and placement assistance in addition to job interview training
- • Customer service training
- • A Certificate in Dental Assisting, Dental Assistant Pin, and a Letter of Recommendation outlining your training and experience will be awarded to all students who have attained a 70% or above grade average
- • X-ray training which complies with all state regulation in dental radiology
- • Real clinical experience through our unique hands-on training program. You will be trained in all phases of general dentistry, as well as specialties
- • All training is done by dental professionals in a practicing dental office, not a classroom.
- • One set of scrubs.
Our Training Includes
- • Radiology
- • Oral Anatomy
- • Oral Disease
- • Impressions
- • Sterilization
- • Nitrous Sedation
- • Crown & Bridge
- • Four-handed Dentistry
- • Restorative Dentistry
- • Cosmetic Dentistry
- • Pediatric Dentistry
- • Orthodontics
- • Endodontics
- • Periodontics
- • Front Desk, Eaglesoft
- • Dental Insurance
- • Shadowing Opportunities
I love my job! Auburn Dental Assisting Program was a great introduction into the dental field! After starting my career as a dental assistant I know it is a field I will always remain a part of. - Lindsay M.